Thursday 6 December 2007

Louis Gets Interviewed by Channel Frederator

Here's a repost of my interview with Channel Frederator's Jeaux Janovsky

Channel Frederator Blog

Channel Frederator Rewind: Countdown Louis Hudson Interview!

December 6th, 2007

whalecountdown.jpg

Louis Hudson’s Countdown is short and sweet. Like Sesame Street… if Hunter S. Thompson made animated spots for them.

I asked Louis to describe the thought process, etc. that went on behind the scenes of creating Countdown.


louis-at-desks.JPG

Heh, I like that comparison. I’d forgotten about those mental sesame street countdowns. I love Steadman’s and Gilliam’s interpretations of Fear and Loathing too. Terry Gilliam is actually the reason I wanted to animate.

Countdown started as a simple college exercise and the was first proper chunk of drawn animation I’d ever done. So Countdown was an ideas rush, I just mashed as many perverse little characters from my sketchbooks as I could into one big mess.

I draw everything on a homemade lightbox, hand paint the backgrounds and then colour and assemble everything digitally. I like to keep things local, I do the sound design and I sometimes get my girlfriend to do the music. I’m now working on my final year film at Edinburgh College of Art, it’s about a man who lives in a cat. Hopefully, next year I’ll be in Birmingham set up as Dice Productions and working freelance with my friends Ian Ravenscroft and Tom Reid.

Thanks,
Louis


Thank You Louis! We hope to see more from you in the near future friend!

-Jeaux Janovsky

No comments:

Post a Comment